Thursday 15 January 2009

[Mercato] Milan bring in Mattioni

AC Milan have brought in right-back Felipe Mattioni from Brazilian outfit Gremio on loan with an option to sign a four-and-a-half year contract in the summer.

Felipe MattioniThe versatile Brazilian defender, who also has an Italian passport, passed a medical earlier today and could make his debut for Carlo Ancelotti's side on Saturday night against Fiorentina.

"Many other clubs were interested in Mattioni, but he has always dreamed of playing for Milan," said the player's agent Mino Raiola.


Mattioni had been a target for Juventus, but he is happy to have joined Milan.

"I'm very happy because at Milan I can realise my dream of playing for a prestigious team of champions here in Italy," the 20-year-old told Sky Sport 24. "I'm not (Marcus) Cafu, I'm Felipe Mattioni and I will do my best to justify my place on the pitch."

The Rossoneri, who cannot use newly-signed defender Thiago Silva until next season as the club have already used up their non-EU spots, are third in Serie A and nine points behind city rivals Inter.

Source: UEFA

No comments:

Post a Comment