Saturday 31 January 2009

[Mercato] Datolo completes Napoli move

Napoli have announced the signing of Argentine sensation Jesus Datolo from Boca Juniors.

Jesus DatoloThe South American star arrived in Italy on Friday night to complete his £6million move and has already put pen to paper on a contract.

He will be presented to the fans ahead of this evening's Serie A match with Udinese at the Stadio San Paolo.


"I am so proud of this choice," Datolo said. "I have not yet spoken to [Diego Armando] Maradona, but I did speak with [Ezequiel] Lavezzi and [German] Denis.

"They told me all about Napoli and its passionate fans. I am very happy, as I'm going to play for the team that had Maradona.

"I hope to wear this shirt as I make it into the Argentina squad. I cannot wait to get on the field."

The 24-year-old is a wide left midfielder and will replace Daniele Mannini, who could be forced to sit out the full one-year ban for turning up late to a doping test in December 2007.

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment