Monday 18 August 2008

Relief for Juve as Chiellini plans return

Juventus and Italy's fears of losing Giorgio Chiellini for a significant spell have been eased after tests revealed that the knee injury he sustained on Sunday is less serious than first thought.

Giorgio ChielliniThe 24-year-old centre-back left the field on a stretcher following a collision with AC Milan striker Alberto Paloschi during the Trofeo Berlusconi, which the Rossoneri won 4-1.

Chiellini learned today that he had not suffered ligament damage and could return at the end of September.


"It's great news," he said. "Yesterday I feared that my season was over. Now I will train separately from the rest of the team for about a month and I think I could return by the end next month."

Juve are well placed to reach the group stage of the Champions League after winning the home leg of their qualifying tie against Artmedia Bratislava 4-0.

Source: UEFA

No comments:

Post a Comment