Monday 14 July 2008

[Mercato] Poulsen seals Juve move

Juventus have finalised the signing of Danish midfielder Christian Poulsen from Sevilla.

Poulsen has accepted a four-year contract with the Italian giants and has cost a fee in the region of 9.75million euros.

His arrival in Turin has not proved to be a universally popular choice with Juventus supporters, who feel Poulsen is too similar a player to Mohamed Sissoko.


However, the former Schalke midfielder is relishing the opportunity to play for Claudio Ranieri's side in the coming season.

"I'm really glad to join such a prestigious club," Poulsen told the club's official website. "Juventus are one of the top teams in the world and I hope I can do well here.

"I think playing at Sevilla was a good experience for me before joining Juventus.

"I've already seen my new team-mates play several times because, as I said, this is one of the top clubs in the world. They have a great history and I'm proud to be here."

Source: Sky Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment