Monday 16 June 2008

[Mercato] Nocerino's Sicilian satisfaction

Italy Under-21 captain Antonio Nocerino has expressed his delight at completing a move from Juventus to Palermo.

The talented midfielder didn’t feature in coach Claudio Ranieri’s first-team plans last term and the Turin giants opted to sacrifice him as a bargaining chip in the transfer of Amauri.

While Nocerino admits some disappointment at leaving the Bianconeri, he can’t wait to get started at the club his father supports.


"I am proud to be able to wear this shirt," the 23-year-old declared at a press conference. "I accepted the move immediately.

"I was convinced by my memories of coming here with Juve. I saw an exceptional atmosphere.

"Nobody needed to persuade me – it’s not like I’m going to war. Palermo are one of the six or seven best sides in Italy and I would have been mad to refuse.

"There are no hard feelings at leaving Juventus, even if there is no recognition there. I would celebrate if I scored against them because you can’t dwell in the past."

Source: C4 Football Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment