Friday 27 June 2008

Chiellini extends Juve deal

Giorgio Chiellini has signed a new two-year deal with Juventus.

The 23-year-old has extended his contract with the Turin giants until 2013.

Chiellini made 30 Serie A appearances for Juve last season and was promoted to the starting line-up for Italy at Euro 2008 after an injury to Fabio Cannavaro, ironically sustained in a challenge with Chiellini.


"I showed that I deserve an important role for this team," Chiellini told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I want to thank the club, Claudio Ranieri and my team-mates for all the help I have received.

"Negotiations for a renewal of my contract have been going on since the winter. We had a basic agreement, but we wanted to meet after the European Championship.

"I think that I have done well in taking my chances for Juve and Italy."

Source: Sporting Life

No comments:

Post a Comment