Thursday 19 April 2007

Rossi happy with Parma success

Giuseppe Rossi could not hide his relief after his two goals helped struggling Parma to a vital 2-0 win over European hopefuls Fiorentina last night.

The on-loan Manchester United striker scored in each half to earn the Gialloblu a sixth win of the season, and although they remain in the bottom three in Serie A, they are now level on points with Chievo, who hold the final position of safety.

The result also extended Parma's unbeaten run to three games, and Rossi was delighted to play a part in that success.

"It was a very important win," he told the the clubs website. "It was a very important match, especially after the disappointing draw against Catania, last Sunday.

"I always try to give everything I can for my team and I am happy I was able to do so tonight," added the young star, who also admitted he wanted to concentrate on the present rather than a possible return back to the Premiership after the season finale.

"Manchester United might want me back at the end of the season. But now I am only worried about Parma and securing Serie A safety. There will be time to discuss my future in June."

Rossi also revealed he has settled well in Italy after confessing he did not know what to expect before his move.

"I didn't know much about Italian football, it is slower than the English version. I find it much more tactical and technical, but I must say I like it very much," concluded the US-born forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment