Sunday 15 April 2007

Lucarelli: Farewell cruel Livorno!

Cristiano Lucarelli has launched a tirade at Livorno fans. "At the end of the season I am leaving this club and nobody is changing my mind."

The captain, who was born and bred in the Tuscan city and a lifelong Amaranto fan, has been linked with a move away for some time due to his fractious relationship with President Aldo Spinelli.

The situation deteriorated, though, after the Stadio Picchi crowd jeered during today’s disappointing 1-1 draw with Reggina.

"It is shameful that people can accuse this team of not putting in the effort or even of fixing games," slammed Lucarelli.

"Now enough is enough. I will do my duty, but at the end of the season I really am leaving. Nobody should even think of trying to change my mind."

The former Capocannoniere has been with Livorno since 2003, helping the club to its first promotion from Serie B in 55 years.

He had been on the verge of a January move to Russian side FC Zenit St Petersburg, but rejected the switch at the last minute because he wanted to stay in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment